By Megan Burpee
Help give the gift of comfort!
The Hope House is a 64 bed emergency homeless shelter, the 2nd largest in the state of Maine. It offers an integrated medical model of care: medical care, psychiatric care, and case management services. The shelter provides three meals a day and is asking for some community support around the holiday season.
Students and staff have setup a drop box near the entrance and fliers around the school with items the shelter is in desperate need of. Please consider donating!
UPCOMING SCHOOL HOLIDAYS + IN-SERVICE DAYS
Campus is closed on the following dates:
Thanksgiving Break: 11/28—11/29
closing at 5pm on Wednesday 11/27.
- In-Service Day: 12/13
- Winter Break: 12/23—12/27
- New Year’s Eve: 12/31 campus closes at 5pm
- New Year’s: 1/1
For those interested… Holiday Gift Project
Faculty and Staff at NTI are adopting a child for the holidays. If you would like to participate by purchasing gifts for Christopher please drop your gift by any front office. All gifts must be donated to Child and Family Services by 12/13. Please wrap!
Christopher is 13. Likes video games and books. He wears a size 9 men’s shoe, 33 x 30 pants, large men’s shirts. His case worker said that he would be happy with anything.
Financial Aid Update:
Starting December 1st of 2013 the Department of Education is changing the fee structure for student loans.
- The interest rate for Subsidized and Unsubsidized loans will remain at 3.86%.
- The loan fee for Subsidized and Unsubsidized loans will increase from 1.051% to 1.072%.
- The interest rate for Parent PLUS loans will remain at 6.41%.
- The loan fee for Parent PLUS loans will increase from 4.204% to 4.288%.
- All loans disbursed prior to December 1st of 2013 will retain the previous loan fees.
See Luke if you have any questions!
Matt S.—Raymond Harding Heating
Zach M.—Art Landry Plumbing and Heating
- 11/30 SALT 1pm—1:45pm
- 12/5 HIPAA 11am—11:45 am
- 12/10 Resume 2pm—3:30pm
- 12/20 Resume 1pm—2:30pm