By Rachael Bilodeau
We wish you all a safe and happy holiday!
School is closing Wednesday 27th at 5:00pm, and will be open as usual starting on Monday the 2nd.
- The Native American name for turkey is “firkee”; some say this is how turkey’s got their name
- Ben Franklin had proposed the turkey as the official United States bird
- The male turkey is called a tom, the female a hen
- Turkeys lived almost ten million years ago
- Male turkeys gobble, hens do not
- Wild turkeys (the kind we see sometimes) spend the night in trees, they prefer oaks
- And remember, eating turkey does not cause you to feel sleepy after your Thanksgiving dinner. Carbohydrates in your dinner are the likely cause for sleepiness!
In Other News:
- Jessica C. CMA hired at Maine Medical Partners
- Hope L. CDL hired at Prime
- Anthony G. HVAC hired at Air Temp
- David S. CDL hired at ROEHL Transport
- Mike R. IT hired at Advanced Technology
- Kesner S. CMA extern at NorDx
- Tim O. Passed EPA
- George B. Passed CETP
- Christine S. Passed NHA
- Laura M. Passed NHA
- Jessica C. Passed NHA
- Richard L. Passed NHA