Primarily responsible for teaching various courses within the Commercial Vehicle Transportation (CVT) program to include skills and road training. This entails the support of all CDL processes in order to meet NTI’s goals and to ensure that the school adheres to professional standards and policies in all aspects of CDL and academic partnerships.
Working an occasional weekend is required.
- Work cooperatively with others and accepts direction from supervisors
- Coordinate most closely with other CDL instructors within the program as well as the Managing Instructor and CDL Director
- Provide instructional and development support for CDL programs
- Support faculty materials development projects
- Conduct and correct examinations and assign course grades, forward to Registrar for student file
- Strictly follow all State federal guidelines both in classroom and at driving yard.
Maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations, NTI and the public
- Develop, promote and coordinate classes and activities of interest to NTI and local community
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Efficiently manage the functions and details essential to the efficient operation of the CDL Program
- Provide quality CDL Class instruction as specified by lesson plans
- Provide Range instruction consisting of basic skills, coordination and maneuvers
- Provide road training on public streets, roads and highways
- Accurately prepare records and reports
- Assist in maintaining program objectives and standards to conform to NTI policies, legislation, laws and accrediting agencies
- Provide a learning environment conducive to diverse student populations’ success. Closely monitor academic progress and skill development
- Facilitate written and practical assessments to determine comprehension and skills ability
Assist in development new curriculum and modify existing curriculum to enhance individual skill development
- Record attendance, grades, mileage, drive time, certifications and other student training information
- Prepare evaluation and progress reports as required by the College or other agencies as necessary
- Advise students regarding training, career and employment objectives
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. maintain goals as developed by Supervisor)
Education & Certification:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Current Class A Commercial Driver’s License with endorsements and current Department of Transportation physical certification
- Three (3) years of verifiable driving experience within the past 10 years
- Basic to intermediate computer skills
Job Type: Full-time positions at Scarborough and Bangor campuses. Part time weekend position available at our Scarborough campus.