Are you a healthcare professional with clinical experience that enjoys sharing your knowledge and experience with others? Do you believe that education can positively impact a person’s life? Do you excel at listening, relationship building, and helping others reach their educational and career goals? Do you enjoy working in a team atmosphere, while also having accountability for your own accomplishments?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, and have prior experience in a clinical medical setting the Medical Clinical Instructor role might be for you!
The Medical Clinical Instructor is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Clinical Learning Environment. This entails the supervision of all clinical course processes in order to meet NTI’s clinical education goals and to ensure that the school adheres to professional standards and policies in all aspects of student programs and academic partnerships.
- Provide clinical instruction and demonstration of clinical skills and procedures to students including: Phlebotomy, Vital Signs, EKG, Maintaining a sterile environment
- Observe, evaluate, assess and provide feedback to students
- Provide daily instructional course direction through the course textbook and instructional support in critical areas to individual students
- Plan, review and correct students’ clinical assignments in a timely manner
- Participate, evaluate and assess student competencies, goals, plans and outcomes in the classroom and clinical settings through student conferences
- Ensure compliance with laboratory policies and procedures, including student safety and orientation
- Stay current and maintain best practices in clinical concepts
- Accurate and timely entry of student grades and attendance records into student information system
- Maintain classroom, resource materials, lab equipment and supplies and recommend acquisitions for program needs
- Incorporate teaching technology methodologies within clinical instruction
- Participate in review and revision of curriculum; ensure compliance with program objectives and standards to conform to NTI policies, legislation, laws and accrediting agencies
- Participate in the Academic Advisory meetings and assist in the recruitment of Academic Advisory members as to COE Guidelines
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. maintain goals as developed by Supervisor)
Education & Certification:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- College degree from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (or international equivalent) Preferred
- Certification and/or Licensure in clinical medical programs
Job Type: Full-time
- Clinical medical: 1 year (Required)
- Clinical medical: 3 years (Preferred)
- 1 position – Bangor, ME (Required)
- 1 position – Scarborough, ME (Required)
Northeast Technical Institute (NTI) is a nationally accredited trade and technical school offering technical training to adults in Maine. We pride ourselves on offering individual attention, hands-on training and extensive career support services in the areas of Trade, Tech and Health. Each year we help five to seven hundred students and their families enjoy a better way of life while bolstering the local workforce and promoting economic growth.
We are defined by our mission to develop and deliver excellent career and continuing education and by the relationships we build with local employers. Compared to colleges, universities and large conglomerate schools, we are a small and dynamic, locally owned school with ties deeply seeded in Maine. This allows us to work tirelessly on the student’s behalf while being able to respond quickly to industry trends.
NTI Core Values
Positivity, Integrity, Opportunity, Adaptability, and Partnership