Are you an administrative professional that enjoys sharing your knowledge and experience with others?
Do you believe that education can positively impact a person’s life?
Do you excel at listening and helping others reach their educational and career goals?
Do you enjoy working in a team atmosphere, while also having accountability for your own accomplishments?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, the Student Services Advisor opportunity at NTI may be for you!
The Student Service Advisor is responsible for assessing student needs, goals, interests and academic experience in collaboration with the Instructors to address the academic advising needs of individual and/or groups of students.
The Student Service Advisor is responsible for student counseling, organizing events, and various administrative and compliance tasks.
The Student Service Advisor is responsible for the understanding and interpretation of the School’s policies and academic options of all certificate and career diploma programs to assist in the facilitation of the student’s academic success.
- Act as student liaison and advocate. Present a clear understanding of NTI’s policies and procedures and assist students with their requests
- Complete Student Advisor “checkpoints” at scheduled intervals and provide tangible value for each checkpoint as required
- Conduct new student orientation, providing a welcoming environment for all newly enrolled students
- Provide leadership and participation on the Student Success Committee
- Organize and promote one student event monthly
- Counsel students on major progress gaps in program progress or attendance
- Provide academic advising to students in regards to school policies, procedures, programs of study, and certificate and career diploma options
- Document all correspondence (notes, emails, phone calls and verification of student information) in database (STARS) to maintain compliance
- Manage Leave of Absence, Intent to return and status change process in consultation with management
- Manage Grad Pack processes appropriately for each program to provide Grad Pack completion guidance
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. maintain goals as developed by Supervisor)
Education and Certification:
- College degree preferred
- 1-2 years of higher education student interaction
- 2-4 years of administrative experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a diverse population
- Time management and organizational skills
- Interpersonal and follow up skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Goal driven and results oriented
- Outstanding customer service and retention skills
- A positive attitude and the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to provide professional boundaries between advisor and student
- Intermediate computer skills
- Confidentiality a MUST!
Job Type: Full-time