At NTI, we know that the financial aid process can seem confusing, especially if you have never applied for student aid in the past. Our financial aid advisors (contact info) work with you one-on-one to help you understand financial aid and the application process. Before you start your classes, your advisor will meet with you to explain the various financial aid programs, assist you with your applications, and review the options available to you.
- School Code for the FAFSA is 041851
- Click Here to Complete your Financial Aid Application
- Click Here to Apply for the Charlie Liponis Scholarship
Financial aid is available to all students who are enrolled in an eligible program at NTI and meet the basic eligibility requirements. The term ‘financial aid’ includes grant programs and loan programs. Grant aid is awarded based upon financial need, but some student loan programs are available to all eligible students regardless of the student’s financial situation.
The starting point for all financial aid is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA application is available on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov, and our Financial Aid Office will gladly assist you with the on-line application process. Once the application is submitted, it takes a day or two for the school to receive the electronic reply from the US Department of Education. The information contained in this document allows NTI to calculate the amount of student aid each student will receive. Upon completion of the application process, your financial aid advisor at NTI will prepare a package of financial aid for you based upon your eligibility and financial need. Your advisor will discuss the timing of aid payments, explain billing and payment procedures, and can advise you about alternative financing sources.
- Federal Pell Grant Eligible students at NTI may receive this grant based on financial need. Federal Pell is a grant that does not need to be repaid.
- Federal Direct Student Loan Program – Stafford Student Loans All eligible students at NTI are able to borrow a traditional “student loan” from the Federal Student Loan Programs. These loans are called Federal Stafford Loans, and the interest on these loans may be subsidized and/or unsubsidized.
- Federal Direct Student Loan Program – Parent PLUS Loans The parents of dependent students at NTI are generally able to borrow a parent PLUS loan from the Federal Student Loan Program. Parents can borrow up to the full cost of education (minus any other aid received).
- Applying for Federal Financial Aid (NTI’s School Code for the FAFSA is 041851)
- Finance Authority of Maine
- Maine Community Foundation
- Searching for Scholarships
- 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA
Veterans of the Armed Services are generally eligible for educational benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The veteran/student must apply for benefits directly with the VA, and NTI will certify the student’s enrollment and academic progress to the VA. The VA makes monthly payments to the student or school as appropriate based upon that certification. Veterans with a service-connected disability and children/dependents of veterans who were disabled or killed in the line of duty may be eligible for even more generous benefits. For more information about VA educational benefits, please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-GI BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) or visit their website at: VA Educational Benefits webpage. GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Many NTI programs are approved by Career Centers in Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Some unemployed and displaced workers may be qualified to obtain funding that will cover most or all of their tuition cost. For more information, contact the school’s Financial Aid Office at 800.447.1151
Calculator: Financial Aid Calculator
Financial Aid is based on numerous factors. As part of the admissions process, you will meet with a Financial Aid expert to discuss what you may be eligible for (if you qualify). Please note that the Net Price Calculator includes amounts for the estimated cost of your room and board and other estimated expenses, (e.g. personal expenses, transportation, etc.). Expenses are any factors you may wish to consider when evaluating attending NTI.
Find Out More…
The best way to see if going back to school and training in a professional career is right for you is to visit the NTI campus nearest you. You can tour our modern facilities and meet with our instructors who work in this field. For more information or to schedule your free campus tour, fill out the form on the side of the page, or call 1-800-447-1151 today.