Website Waste Management
Waste Management Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks and are responsible for the collection of waste or recyclable material. Drivers will transport the material to a disposal, transfer, or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. Drivers safely maneuver vehicles and navigate high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots.
To be successful, you’ll be expected to perform the following tasks:
Employees will be assigned a specific line of business based on experience. While many of our vehicles are automatic, some require experience with standard transmissions. May be hired to fill Roll-off, Residential, and Commercial positions based on experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with WM Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act), and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). .
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service-related issues to Route Manager or Dispatcher.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by WM or directed by Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatcher of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatcher or Route Manager.
- Completely dumps all receptacles and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end-of-day documentation and check-out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatcher and assists others.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wm.com.