Website Allergy & Asthma Associates of Maine
Medical Billing & Coding Specialist and Receptionist
Full Job Description
This is a great opportunity for a new CPC to get some medical experience!
Busy privately-owned Allergy and Asthma practice is looking for a dependable, caring and professional to perform Front Desk duties in our Lewiston Satellite 2 days a week and assist our Billing Team 2 days a week in Portland.
Competitive Salary, Benefits, Pension, and 11 paid Holidays.
Position is responsible for performing a variety of daily office functions including, but not limited to, scrubbing and submitting claims, patient A/R, Insurance A/R, covering the front desk duties in our Lewiston office and managing telephone flow for a multi-physician private practice.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Scrubbing and submitting claims
- Assisting with routine chart audits
- Assisting with patient & Insurance A/R
- Collecting insurance information
- Answering phones
- Checking patients in/out
- Posting patient payments
- Checking patient benefits and eligibility
- Scheduling appointments
- Check patients in & out
- Answer multiple phone lines
- Exceptional patient/customer service experience
- Minimum (1) or more years of medical office experience preferable
- Must hold at least a CPC-A certification or have previous billing experience
- Be self-directed and able to work as a team
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment all while having great attention to detail
- Other office duties as needed
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work well with others.
- Computer proficiency.
- Ability to organize and coordinate multiple activities.
- Able to adapt to constant change and fast pace of group.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
Note: Applicant must apply on indeed.com (link below)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.