Share your excellent driving skills and knowledge with others!
Full-time position available. Some weekend work required.
Semi-retired or recently retired? Excellent opportunity teaching others what you’ve learned over the years.
Since 1996, Northeast Technical Institute (NTI) has enjoyed gradual growth and a solid reputation as Maine’s leader in career education. Our mission is to provide career training for better lives and our search for employees who are caring, passionate team players is vital to our continued success.
Our CDL Instructors are primarily responsible for teaching various courses within the Commercial Vehicle Transportation (CVT) program to include skills and road training. The instructors must maintain an awareness of the program’s goals and ensure that the school adheres to professional standards and policies in all aspects of CDL and academic partnerships.
- Instruction includes basic skills, coordination, maneuvers and road training on public streets, roads and highways.
- Provide developmental support for CDL program students.
- Provide a learning environment conducive to diverse student populations’ success.
- Closely monitor academic progress and skill development.
- Develop, promote and coordinate classes and activities of interest to NTI and local community.
- Coordinate closely with other CDL Instructors within the program as well as the Managing Instructor and CDL Director.
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. maintain goals as developed by Supervisor).
- Able to pass a DOT mandated pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Able to pass DOT mandated random drug screens throughout the year.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strictly follow all State federal guidelines both in classroom and at driving yard.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Accurately prepare records and reports.
- Work cooperatively with others and accepts direction from supervisors.
Education & Certification:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Current Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- Current Department of Transportation medical card.
- Two (2) years of verifiable driving experience within the past 10 years.
An extra $2.00/hour shift differential for weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off