The Manufacturing Technician program provides students with core competencies in: bench-work, precision measurement, blue print reading, industrial safety, technical math, computer applications, lean manufacturing, manufacturing concepts and workplace skills/communication and leadership development. Students then have the opportunity to select an area of concentration in the manufacturing industry upon successful completion of the classroom portion of their program. This program is part of the manufacturing career pathway which prepares students for a variety of entry level positions in the manufacturing industry.
“NTI has been an outstanding experience beginning with admissions and financial aid. NTI goes above and beyond to mentor each student to be competitive in the current job market. I have the tools I need to be successful thanks to NTI!”
– Paul Whitney
- Prepare students with the workplace skills including safety, manufacturing math, concepts, tools/bench skills that are needed for entry-level positions in the manufacturing industry.
- Prepare students for entry-level employment with manufacturers, contractors, and other Maine businesses that may lead to a position as machine operator, sheet metal fabricator, welder, team leaders/supervisor, and more
- Give students a thorough grounding in the fundamentals of professional development and customer service.
- Emphasis is also placed on lean manufacturing throughout the program, proper safety practices and procedures, in the lab and the workplace.
Is a Career as a Manufacturing Technician Right for You? Find Out! Take the "NTI Manufacturing Technician Career Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Manufacturing Technician career training readiness score now >>
Becoming a Confident Manufacturing Technician
As a graduate of this Maine-based program, you’ll enter the professional world with self-confidence, secure in the knowledge that you have the necessary skills to and impress prospective employers. In this program you’ll learn important skills, including:
- Manufacturing Math
- Workplace Skills and Communication
- Computer Applications
- Introduction to Blueprint Reading
- Manufacturing Concepts
- Safety in the Workplace
- Basic Bench Work
- Introduction to Lean Manufacturing
- Leadership Development and Career Readiness
Find Out More
For more information on this course, schedules, start dates, pricing and more – contact us at 207.805.8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.