Reporting requirements for CRRSA ACT (HEERF II) Grant for Students
- Northeast Technical Institute signed and returned to the Department on 4/2/2021 the Certification and Agreement. Northeast Technical Institute intends to use, no less than 100 percent of the funds received under Section 314(c)(3) of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) to provide HEERF II grants directly to students.
- The total amount of funds that Northeast Technical Institute will receive from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students is $285,105.
- As of 6/30/2021 Northeast Technical Institute has released $111,000 of the Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 314(c)(3) of the CCRSAA.
- The CRRSAA requires that institutions prioritize students with exceptional need, such as students who receive Pell Grants, in awarding financial aid grants to students. To prioritize grants to students with exceptional need, NTI has defined maximum award limits for students based on the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from the FAFSA, which is a standardized data element used to confirm financial need. Those students who had a zero EFC and received max Pell grant received $1,000 HEERF II grant. Those who received any denomination of Pell other than max received $750 HEERF II grant. Lastly, those that did not receive Pell or their program is not eligible for Pell grant received $500 HEERF II grant.
Northeast Technical Institute estimates 190 students at our institution may be eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus may eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 314(c)(3) of the CRRSAA.
- As of 6/30/2021, there are 139 students at Northeast Technical Institute that has received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 314(c)(3) of the CRRSSAA.
- Northeast Technical Institute has set 3 requirements for students to be eligible for the Emergency Financial Aid Grant. The first requirement is that students must activity participating in a program with NTI when they apply and approved for the grant. The second requirement is that students must complete NTI’s HEERF II application and present financial need as defined in the Higher Education Act. The third and final requirement is that they must have a completed FAFSA on file and must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens with a valid social security number. If students meet all requirements listed above, students will receive either $500, $750, or $1,000 in the HEERF II grant as defined above in section 4.
- On 5/1/2021, Northeast Technical Institute sent emails to all active students in regards to the CRRSAA and directions on how to apply for the HEERF II grant. In addition, you can find on NTI’s website the HEERF II policy and application form. All students are encouraged to go to NTI’s website to learn about the HEERF II grant and apply. Below are emails of communication sent to students;