Welcome to cold and flu season. Trying to avoid the common cold? NTI is here to help with some advice. No, you cannot live in a bubble. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend the Flu Vaccine for everyone 6 months and older.
Here are seven precautions you can take to help avoid getting the flu this season:
- Get a flu shot. It’s the number one thing that you can do to prevent the flu. The flu shot is available for free at ClearChoice MD for those who do not have insurance.
- Try taking more vitamin D. This will help your body fight off a cold.
- Wash your hands with Anti-bacterial soap or alcohol-based hand rubs can be used. Cover nose and mouth while sneezing or coughing.
- Try to avoid touching mouth, nose and eyes.
- Your diet can have a huge impact on your immune system.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Try to avoid anyone who is ill. If you are the affected one, please stay home 24 hours after your fever is gone.
Are you the affected one? Do you have; Fever? Cough? Sore throat? Body aches/headaches? Chills? If you have these symptoms you should stay home, to avoid contaminating others.